The Thankful Unicorn:
Dream is a groundbreaking and
uplifting coloring journal designed to build confidence, improve
self-esteem, calm anxiety and inspire creativity…
The Thankful Unicorn: Dream
By Hayley Rose
Amazon → https://www.amazon.com/dp/1950842118
Author’s Website → www.hayleyrose.com
The Thankful Series → www.thethankfulseries.com
1. Can you tell us a few things about yourself?
I am a chocoholic and a coffee addict. I can be a social butterfly but love my alone time. I have a schnauzer named Blanche. She has a food fetish and she snores.
2. Describe the types of books you write without using genre headings e.g. you're not allowed to just say I write fantasy! Positive. interactive. fun.
3. Describe your why. Tell me what motivates you to write. It’s actually a calling… Writing is a great creative outlet and it makes me really happy. Nothing like losing yourself in a great idea.
4. Fancasting – Did you have particular actors/actresses in mind for the starring roles in your story? Well The Thankful Unicorn: Dream is a coloring gratitude journal, there aren’t any characters to play. But if Oprah has an opening on her show I wouldn’t say no… lol
5. Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
I don’t actually find writing to be stressful or draining, but I’d have to say, have a good network of people to bounce ideas off or just hang out with. A chocolate bar or great cup of coffee is helpful too.
6. Did you learn anything from writing this book and what was it?
What I learned about gratitude, gratitude journaling and coloring was remarkable. I came to understand that being grateful was victimless because it isn’t self serving. By writing down the things we are grateful for disconnects us from the negative things in our lives. The simple act helps us shift our attention from negative to positive emotions. Scientifically proven to rewire the brain to make you happier, I wanted young children to feel the same positive emotions I was feeling by just expressing gratitude.
7. Which writer's work do you believe most resembles your work?
I haven’t come across another fantasy coloring gratitude journal designed the same way as I’ve set up The Thankful Series. In this series you have a series of four writing prompts that you complete daily so gratitude becomes a habit and then you color a whimsical coloring scene to clear your head and keep you inspired.